Preserving resources, maximizing opportunities, reducing wasteful contention, and protecting hard-earned assets are what mediation and collaborative law were founded upon—but they’re not only for divorce. In fact, these principles were born in business.
Rather than fighting it out in court, I believe the mediation and collaborative law models present the opportunity for a better resolution of any business dispute—and my commercial clients agree.
How I take business situations from stuck to solved:
- Understand what’s at stake and how that may be different for different parties.
- Identify common goals
- Facilitate productive communication (especially when personalities differ drastically).
- Focus on interests rather than positions
- Encouraging collaboration and creativity rather than aggression and anger.
- Looking beyond the win/lose mentality of litigation to seek more satisfying solutions for everyone involved
Whether serving as mediator (neutral person) or collaborative lawyer (representing you or your business individually), my extensive experience in commercial law and training in conflict management—along with patience and a dedication to productive and respectful interactions—help find satisfying outcomes for all parties.
What business situations can benefit from my services?
- Business dissolution
- Employer/employee disputes
- Contested wills, estate issues
- Real estate transaction disputes
- Land-use issues
- Disagreements with customers, suppliers or service providers
- Partnership problems
Get in Touch
Interested in working with me? Contact me using the form below.